The purpose of the Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation for ForKids Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one scholarship applicant. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university, college, or certification program for the sole purpose of paying educational expenses. The current value of the Scholarship is $1,000.00.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a Suffolk, VA resident who is or has been affected by homelessness.
- Have declared intention to pursue or continue a college degree or accredited career certification program.
- Be a senior in one of Suffolk, VA’s public high schools or enrolled in an accredited college, university, or career certification program.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and community activities, or verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Submit an essay of 800-1,000 words on the following: How has your home situation affected your ability to stay focused on your education? How did you overcome this challenge? What are your plans for the next three years?
2017: KeVante Copeland, Old Dominion University
2016: KeVante Copeland, Old Dominion University
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school, college, university, or career certification transcript.
- Submit two reference letters from administrators, counselors, teachers, and/or other school personnel.
Scholarship Application, Deadline, and Submission Instructions
The Foundation will be working directly with the ForKids management team in an effort to award one deserving senior the Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation for ForKids Scholarship. ForKids management will be sent a copy of the scholarship by February 1st and applications may be downloaded here. For any further information, contact Mr. Win Winslow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, by either emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (757) 923 – 9090. The application must be in the Foundation office at 110 West Finney Ave. on or before 12 noon, on the last business day of March. Therefore, it will be necessary, if mailing the application, to have the application in the mail well in advance of the last March business day. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Download The Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation for ForKids Scholarship here or, after February 10, request an application by sending an email to email@example.com, or calling (757) 923-9090 to have an application mailed to you.
U.S. Post Mail Address for Application Submission:
110 West Finney Avenue, Suite 100
Suffolk, VA 23434