The purpose of The Allfirst Memorial Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one scholarship applicant. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university or college for the sole purpose of paying college expenses. The value of the Scholarship is $1,000.00.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be an employee or employee family member of Allfirst Industrial General Construction LLC.
- Have declared intention to pursue or continue a college degree or accredited trade school certification.
- Be a senior in a public high school or enrolled in an accredited college, university, or trade school certification program.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and community activities, or verification of employment.
- Submit an essay of no more than 500 words explaining how/why receiving the scholarship will impact the recipient and the community.
2016: Kaitlyn Evans, Virginia Commonwealth University
2016: Sydney Gay, Longwood University
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school, college, university, or trade school transcript.
- Submit two reference letters from administrators, counselors, teachers, and/or other school personnel.
Scholarship application, deadline, and Submission Instructions
The Foundation will be working directly with the Allfirst management team in an effort to award one deserving senior The Allfirst Memorial Scholarship. Your company administrator will be sent a copy of the scholarship by February 1 and you can fill out an application online here beginning February 1. For any further information, contact Mr. Win Winslow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, by either emailing him at gro.noitadnuofkloffus@wolsniww or by calling (757) 923 – 9090. The application must be in the Foundation office at 110 West Finney Ave. on or before 12 noon, on the last business day of March. Therefore, it will be necessary, if mailing the application, to have the application in the mail well in advance of the last March business day. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Beginning February 1, you can fill out an application online here, or request an application by sending an email to gro.noitadnuofkloffus@wolsniww, or calling (757) 923-9090 to have an application mailed to you.
U.S. Post Mail Address for Application Submission:
110 West Finney Avenue, Suite 100
Suffolk, VA 23434