The purpose of The Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one or more scholarship applicants. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university, college, or certification program for the sole purpose of paying educational expenses. The current value of the Scholarship is $1,000.00.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a Suffolk, VA resident.
- Provide authorized documentation of a learning difference.
- Have declared intention to pursue or continue a college degree or accredited career certification program.
- Be a senior in one of Suffolk, VA’s high schools.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and community activities, or verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Submit an essay of 800-1,000 words on the following: How have your learning differences affected your ability to remain focused on your education? How did you overcome this challenge? What are your plans for the next three years?
Wayne J. Cochran
Jack William Van Straten
Conrad Plummer, Nansemond River High School
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school transcript.
- Submit two reference letters from administrators, counselors, teachers, and/or other school personnel.
Scholarship Application, Deadline, and Submission Instructions
The Foundation will be working directly with the Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation Scholarship Committee in an effort to award one or more deserving seniors The Louis & Mary Haddad Foundation Scholarship. You can fill out an application online here beginning February 1.
For any further information, contact Mr. Win Winslow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, by either emailing him at gro.noitadnuofkloffus@wolsniww or by calling (757) 923 – 9090. The application must be submitted on or before 12 noon (Eastern Daylight Time) on the last business day of March. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.