DiStasio Health Professions Scholarship
The purpose of the DiStasio Health Professions Scholarship is to provide an annual award to at least one scholarship applicant. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the attending university, college, or certification program for the sole purpose of paying educational expenses. The current estimated value of the Scholarship is $2,000 (partially funded by a grant from the DiStasio Family Fund).
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a senior in one of Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, or Southampton County Virginia’s public or private high schools.
- Be enrolled, or committed to enroll, in a four year pre-medical college program (including doctoral, physician’s assistant, and nursing).
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and community activities, or verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school transcript including GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit two reference letters, preferably one from a high school teacher.
Application, Deadline, and Submission Instructions
The Foundation will be working directly with the high school counselors in an effort to award one deserving senior The DiStasio Health Professions Scholarship. You may fill out an application online here beginning February 1. The application must be submitted on or before 12 noon (Eastern Time) on the last business day of March. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. For more information, contact the Foundation staff at office@suffolkfoundation.