The purpose of the DiStasio Health Professions Scholarship is to provide an annual award to at least one scholarship applicant. The scholarship funds will be sent directly to the attending university, college, or certification program for the sole purpose of paying educational expenses. The current estimated value of the Scholarship is $2,000.00 (partially funded by a grant from the DiStasio Family Fund).
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a senior in one of Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, or Southampton County Virginia’s public or private high schools.
- Be enrolled, or committed to enroll, in a four year pre-medical college program (including doctoral, physician’s assistant, and nursing).
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and community activities, or verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or better.
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school transcript including GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit two reference letters, preferably one from a high school teacher.
Scholarship application, deadline, and Submission Instructions
The Foundation will be working directly with the high school counselors in an effort to award one deserving senior The DiStasio Health Professions Scholarship. Your school’s counselor will be sent notice of the scholarship by February 1, and you may fill out an application online here beginning February 1. For any further information, contact Mr. Win Winslow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, by either emailing him at wwinslow@suffolkfoundation.
Beginning February 1, you may fill out an application online here or request an application by sending an email to wwinslow@suffolkfoundation.
U.S. Post Mail Address for Application Submission:
110 West Finney Avenue, Suite 100
Suffolk, VA 23434