The purpose of The Suffolk Business Women’s Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one scholarship applicant. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university or college for the sole purpose of paying college expenses. The current value of the Scholarship is $2,500.00.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a female United States citizen and resident of Suffolk, Virginia.
- Have declared intention to pursue, and enroll in, a full time Business Major Degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Be a high school senior.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and/or community activities, or provide verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Submit an essay of 500 – 600 words on the following topic: Choose a female leader who inspires you and write an essay on why you admire her leadership qualities.
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school transcript including GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit two reference letters, preferably one from a high school teacher.
Scholarship application, deadline, and Submission Instructions
You can fill out an application online here beginning February 1. For any further information, contact Mr. Win Winslow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, by either emailing him at wwinslow@suffolkfoundation.