Suffolk Business Women’s Scholarship
The purpose of The Suffolk Business Women’s Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one scholarship applicant. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university or college for the sole purpose of paying college expenses. The current value of the scholarship is $2,500.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a female United States citizen and resident of Suffolk, Virginia.
- Have declared intention to pursue, and enroll in, a full-time degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Be a high school senior.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and/or community activities, or provide verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Submit an essay of 500 – 600 words on the following topic: Choose a female leader who inspires you and write an essay on why you admire her leadership qualities.
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school transcript including GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit two reference letters, preferably one from a high school teacher.
Application, Deadline, and Submission Instructions
You can fill out an application online here beginning February 1. The application must be submitted on or before 12 noon (Eastern Time) on the last business day of March. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. For more information, contact the Foundation staff at office@suffolkfoundation.