The purpose of The Suffolk Business Women’s Scholarship is to provide an annual award to one scholarship applicant. The scholarship fund will be sent directly to the attending university or college for the sole purpose of paying college expenses. The current value of the Scholarship is $2,500.00.
Each scholarship applicant must, at the time of the award:
- Be a female United States citizen and resident of Suffolk, Virginia.
- Have declared intention to pursue, and enroll in, a full time Business Major Degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Be a high school senior.
- Demonstrate involvement in either school and/or community activities, or provide verification of employment.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Submit an essay of 500 – 600 words on the following topic: Choose a female leader who inspires you and write an essay on why you admire her leadership qualities.
2016: Emily Van Dorn, Suffolk Christian Academy
- Submit a completed application form with an official high school transcript including GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
- Submit two reference letters, preferably one from a high school teacher.
Scholarship application, deadline, and Submission Instructions
The Foundation will be working directly with the high school counselors in an effort to award one deserving senior The Suffolk Business Women’s Scholarship. Your school’s counselor will be sent a copy of the scholarship by February 1st and applications may be downloaded here. For any further information, contact Mr. Win Winslow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, by either emailing him at email@example.com or by calling (757) 923 – 9090. The application must be in the Foundation office at 110 West Finney Ave on or before 12 noon, on the last business day of March. Therefore, it will be necessary, if mailing the application, to have the application in the mail well in advance of the last March business day. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Download the Suffolk Business Women’s Scholarship application here or, after February 1st, request an application by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling (757) 923-9090 to have an application mailed to you.
U.S. Post Mail Address for Application Submission:
110 West Finney Avenue, Suite 100
Suffolk, VA 23434