The purpose of the Samaritan Internship is to support the career path of one college student each year who has demonstrated an interest in a career with nonprofit organizations. This is a paid, 9-week summer internship, approximately 30 hours per week, beginning in June annually, with the start date dependent upon the intern’s college schedule. The student will work most of his/her hours with the Suffolk Foundation but may also have opportunities to work with other local nonprofits of interest.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must:
- Be a resident of the City of Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, or Southampton County, VA
- Be currently enrolled in a college or university
- Be involved in either school or community activities
- Express an interest in a career with nonprofit organizations
- Have the ability to commit 30 hours per week for 9 weeks over the summer
How To Apply
To apply for this opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to Lorelei Morrow, Executive Director of the Suffolk Foundation, at gro.noitadnuofkloffus@worroML by December 15, 2023. In your cover letter, please tell us about your office and organizational skills, and why you are interested in a career in the nonprofits. We hope to interview applicants in late December and name our 2024 intern in early January.